Thursday 6 September 2012

Good old advice?

I was pretty glad that i streamline my blogs this year because different assets classes require different mindset and mentality so when you are at my various blogs, you have to make sure you are in the right frame of mind.

One of my facebook fans "joked" that i compartmentalize my P&L :)


I am sharing that you have to think differently when you are wearing different hats and managing different accounts. 
I would like to share a quote from Benjamin Graham in his book below

"Never mingle your speculative and investment operations in the same account, nor in any part of your thinking"

Today, i was in a cleaning up mood and went through my old postings from this blog to relabel them and see if there are relevant posts which i can "recycle" into other blogs and stumbled upon this old post that is relevant to the Real Estate. 

I actually did made a recommendation for readers not to miss the next property cycle on 5 Oct 2008 and the price level did drop to 140 levels around 2009 Q1  :-) haha if you have been a reader back then and have acted on it, probably you will be thanking me today. I have also shared with you my investment beliefs recently, dont miss the cycles but don't catch the wrong one either.

One of my friends bought her unit in Simei in late 2008 or early 2009 (cant remember the exact date) despite my efforts to ask her to buy a better located one. hahaha but in any case, she is sitting on a nice buffer of profits today. The development will TOP in a few months.

I haven't start on my next posting of my property journey, needs to keep digging back my memory banks. In fact i found my old S&P agreements on the condos i had bought and sold. Maybe i should take some pictures and post them here :)

Happy investing. Remember - be patient and don't give up.








1 comment:

Stanley Soh said...

Hi, Great Stuffs on real estate investment. Do give me a call if you are considering new launches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics